Custom Search

Forums > Main Category > Main Forum

27th March 2010, 10:41 AM
NiteRida24

AA Highly Recommended !

As some may know i have had an ongoing issue with fuel leaking on my GS , The Garage in cannock have attempted to fix it a few times without success and wanted me to wait a week before they could fix it so when i got home after leaving a trail of fuel behind me i called out the the AA who sent a guy from Davies Auto's in Stafford, He found the leak and promptly set about replacing the whole fuel line and hey ho its all working as it should and not a sign of fuel anywhere. so im well chuffed and highly recommend the AA

For the best fuel prices check out www.petrolprices.com

Pet hate - Drivers on mobiles and drivers who don't look!
27th March 2010, 11:15 AM
phil_in_swansea
Forum Supporter

Quote "called out the the AA who sent a guy from Davies Auto's in Stafford,"

Glad you got your problem sorted matey, but surely what you mean is "highly recommend the guy from Davies Auto's" ;-)

The AA these days are little more than a 9-5 service and a call centre thereafter (imo). Took them over 2hrs to get a van to me one cold wet day when I rang in at 5pm, and eventually a local garage came and sorted me out with a battery boost. Was I in the middle of nowhere? nope, in Swansea centre, and the traffic was light. No excuses.

I have to say I am still with them, but that is more because I am too lazy to change!!!
Phil

27th March 2010, 11:21 AM
NiteRida24

I say it was the AA cuz that's who im with but yeah the guy from Davies Autos was ace which is more than i can say for CMC motorcycles

27th March 2010, 02:00 PM
Pringle
Forum Supporter

being from chesterfield one of my local dealer's is one of the CMC branches, unless you have an R1, with all the goodies, and a £1000 to spend on any given problem, they'll rip you off by charging R1 Prices.

they were after £120 for new fork seals, i told them to do one as it's cheaper for me to take the day off work and do it

they also charged me £20 for a pair of Rear Brake Shims...
Bad CMC!
27th March 2010, 02:57 PM
NiteRida24

Thats about rite TBH for CMC, When i brought the bike i had a lifetime warranty on the bike but dont think ill be taking it back to them, To add insult to injury when the brought the bike back to me after allegedly fixin the leak they returned it compleat with a broken belly pan which im still waiting for them to replace

27th March 2010, 03:30 PM
monkeybiker
Regular Forum Member

I think this shows how crap the garage at cannock is. A fuel leak and they didn't check the fuel hose?
27th March 2010, 05:14 PM
NiteRida24

Because of the age of the bike (99 plate) and the low milage when i brought it they put a fuel filter between the tank and carb to stop any crap getting into the carb and ever since its been trouble, The Davies Autos guy did a permanent fix so hopefully no more going back them

27th March 2010, 08:04 PM
woodie
Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiteRida24
Because of the age of the bike (99 plate) and the low milage when i brought it they put a fuel filter between the tank and carb to stop any crap getting into the carb and ever since its been trouble ???
can't see why the age and the low mileage would cause "crap getting in the carb(s)".. If the bike had been stood for any length of time I might have flushed out old stale fuel and replaced with fresh ! any fuel filter, purely by its function wil disrupt the flow of fuel.

sounds a bunch of cowboys to me !
27th March 2010, 08:47 PM
NiteRida24

Any crap that was in the tank i expect has gone now as the bike is used nearly everyday and has been for the last year. The new line has eliminated the filter and i can feel the difference in the bike straight away, Only thing left to do is to refil the tank after loosing nearly a full tank of fuel.

I certainly wont use CMC ever again and wouldnt recommend them at all

27th March 2010, 09:25 PM
woodie
Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiteRida24
The new line has eliminated the filter and i can feel the difference in the bike straight away.
I bet you do, the GS's carbs are vacuum fed so any retriction in the fuel flow would affect the peformance. Glad your sorted now
27th March 2010, 09:49 PM
NiteRida24

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodie
Glad your sorted now
Me to Woodie

27th March 2010, 11:42 PM
jay w

A few years ago i sat at the side of the A14 in winter for 2 and a half hours waiting for the AA,the guy that came said that most of there drivers were worried about damaging bikes in transport.(I was on a GT380 that blew its mains doin a good speed 2up)